SHAKEN BABY SYNDROME TRAINING
Did you know?
- Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS) is the leading cause of child abuse deaths in America?
- SBS is usually triggered by inconsolable crying?
- SBS can cause learning disabilities, seizures, or even death in children?
- SBS can be caused by parents, caretakers, babysitters?
- Can be prevented through public awareness and safety measures?
Shasta CAPCC offers FREE 1 hour Shaken Baby Syndrome Training for anyone who takes care of babies. Our SBS training classes utilizes the Shaken Baby Simulator doll in order to raise awareness and provide education about Shaken Baby Syndrome.
In the 1 hour training you will learn the following:
- Defining SBS
- Vulnerability of infants; SBS simulator doll
- Signs and symptoms of SBS
- Profile of those at higher risk to be perpetrators
- Soothing techniques for babies
- Planning to manage frustration when soothing doesn't work